January 7, 2013

Treasure Boxes

Happy New Year and Welcome to 2013!

My Christmas holiday was amazing!  Time spent with family is always the best, especially since I no longer live close to most of them.  After eating more than any one person should consume and staying up way too late, I am back to life as normal and that means chugging along in my crafting.

A co-worker asked me to make a treasure box for her son.  As it is with many little boys, he has some special "treasures" that he needed to keep in a safe place.  After completing his box, she asked that I make one for her daughter.  I wish that I had taken a picture of his box because if I do say so myself it was a GREAT looking box!  He didn't have a preference and his mom let me choose so I gave it a very cool fish theme.

Now fish work well for boys but simply won't cut it for a cute little girl, so I gave her flowers (again, their mom let me choose).  The boxes were the large unfinished wood treasure boxes that can be found at Michaels.  I used acrylic paint and wooden letters, shapes and gems to decorate.  Here are the pics of the finished product:


Close-up of her name -- wooden letters painted and glued to the box

Close-up of the hand painted flowers with the crystal gem in the middle

Each side was given a small heart and jewel studded star

Inside of the box

The completed box

Of course as soon as my son saw these he immediately asked if I were going to do one for him, so I'm working on a smaller version.  You'll have to check out my Facebook page to get a glimpse of that one when it's finished, but for now.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...