April 8, 2011

Cupcake Art

I like to dabble in all kinds of 'craftiness', so this post is my attempt at a piece of artwork. Of course no one will mistake what I've done as Renaissance art (hehe), but for a first try I'm quite proud of the final product.

Using a plain white canvass I bought from Michael's and some extra felt, buttons and string I had on hand, I created the cupcake. I cut both pieces, top and bottom, free hand (which is why it isn't quite symmetrical) then used my Cricut machine to cut the letters with a wonderful textured piece of scrap paper I had as well.






Next, I think I'll try my hand at something "musically" inspired for my son's room. He'll soon be getting a new 'big boy's' bed and I plan to do a little redecorating. Stay tuned....

~ Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...