May 28, 2011

Plaque-ness

I'm in full babyshower decor mode so of course that means making beautiful pieces on a budget. On a trip to the Dollar Store I found this great unfinished wooden plaque and though I wasn't sure what I would do with it at that time - I simply couldn't leave it there (it was only a dollar) - I knew that it would make a very cute craft someday.

A friend told me about a baby blessing board that she saw at a babyshower and I thought what a great idea. As I do with so many wonderful craft inspirations, I filed it in my mental rolodex for later use. Well, later is now.

Time to share some blessings!


The plaque


I don't like the orientation of the ribbon, so time to change that. Out with the staple holding it together, add some glue and now we're headed in the right direction.


Traced the shape onto some scrapbook paper and cut it out.


Added a picture (to go along with the Winnie-the-Pooh theme) and the words 'Baby Blessings'



Now we have a sweet plaque to hang over the board for the guests to write down prayers/blessings for the new arrival. What a wonderful keepsake for the mom-to-be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...