June 30, 2011

All Aboard!

The little prince has turned 4! I know every mother says this but "where in the world did the time go?". This year was a little more sentimental for me because I realize that he is moving farther away from being my 'baby' than he was the year before. One more year of preschool before kindergarten....what is a mom to do!?!

For his 4th birthday he decided that he wanted a party. Originally I thought that we were going to forgo any idea of a party and just go somewhere special for an "experience", but a year in preschool with his friends talking about their parties changed that. Now let me tell you, I plan his parties 6 months out (pretty extreme I know but I need that time, really...lol) so for him to decide that he wanted a party in April threw mommy into somewhat of a tailspin. He has yet to pick his own party theme (he likes parties - could care less about the theme) so knowing that he is in love with trains, I decided that would make the perfect theme for this year.

With only a couple months to plan and put together a successful party, I was very happy with the end result. Keeping in mind that my decor budget needed to be minimal, I was able to craft most of the decorations myself using my Cricut machine. I baked and decorated my own cupcakes and spent the big money on the trackless train that was the main attraction.

Happy 4th Birthday to the Little Prince!


The invitations

*I found these great tags at Oriental Trading and used them to create a "luggage tag" invitation with my Cricut and computer*

Welcome to our guests!

The dessert table

*Train banner created with my Cricut (My World cartridge), train centerpiece made from two boxes wrapped and decorated, dollar store funnel as train stack; luggage is a USPS box covered and decorated*

Gifts for each guest ~ an engineer hat and train whistle

*Guest table centerpiece - unfinished wood train painted in party colors navy blue and orange. Each table decorated with white plastic table cloth; using black duct tape to create tracks*

Each guest received an "Official Train Rider" button before boarding the train

*Buttons found at Michael's and I created the badge on my computer...cute, right?*



What a "chugging-ly" great time! The party was awesome and best of all the birthday boy had a blast! Hugs and kisses to you my special boy!

Where we like to party!


Visit thecsiproject.com

7 comments:

J. At Your Service said...

What a cute party!! I love the suitcase you made, that is adorable!
Great job :)

Little Blues Room said...

Thanks J! It was so much fun putting this party together for him.

Unknown said...

What a great job! It looks like a super fun party!

Thanks so much for joining us at the CSI Project this week! We loved seeing your party!

Being Reese 2 said...

Cute! Love this!

Little Blue's Room said...

Thanks Resse and thanks for stopping by!

ahmet said...

trabzon
edirne
van
bingöl
yalova
JTMHM1

Aziz said...

yurtdışı kargo
resimli magnet
instagram takipçi satın al
yurtdışı kargo
sms onay
dijital kartvizit
dijital kartvizit
https://nobetci-eczane.org/
71D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...