July 31, 2011

Doll Club Cards

My oh my, summer is winding down and it has been weeks since I've been able to get a blog post done. The last few weeks I've taken time to just hang out with the little prince enjoying a calmer pace and having fun. Currently, we are spending a few days at the beach as a family...a much needed vacation and quality family time!

I've got several projects in the works that I'm looking forward to blogging about but first things first, let's talk cards. My sister is a part of a doll club, the Flights of Fantasy Cloth Doll Club, and she asked if I would make some condolence and get well cards for the club. Now my sister is an amazing artist, and she could have made short work of these cards herself so I feel honored that she would ask me to make them.

One of my favorite sites is Scrapbook.com. I love the site, there are so many great projects you can get inspiration from. After checking out the card gallery, I came across a card made by AliMscraps that I loved instantly and chose to use as my inspiration for the condolence cards (below).



A trip to Hobby Lobby for the correct paper and here is my card design:

Paper cut to the right size

Adding beads using jewelry wire

Adding fabric flowers (beads, wire and flowers are on hand from the topiary project)

Using my Silhoutte to cut a really cute flourish

Design layout

Added a "Thinking of You" stamp in the corner and condolence card complete

In my hurry to get the cards completed before we left to go on vacation, I wasn't able to take pictures of the process for the 'Get Well' cards but I did remember to take a photo of the finished product. Once again I searched for inspiration on Scrapbook.com and found this wonderful card created by Creater - a simple and sweet design.


The original was done in a vertical design but I think it transferred well horizontally

I love how the cards came out and surely hope the doll club does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...