August 27, 2011

It's All in the Polish!

When it comes to crafting, I never know when inspiration will strike. Sometimes it happens watching a commercial on television or thumbing through a magazine, but it has never come to me while I was heading off to the wonderful world of dreamland and singing the praises of 'Mr. Sandman'.

Well, that's exactly what happened with this craft. I was somewhere between semi-consciousness and completely asleep when I began thinking about nail polish. More precisely, the concept of a glamour-ific, glitzy-filled party that involved feather boas, glitter and tons of nail polish! After talking with a co-worker about what she wanted for her daughter's party, I began to think how much fun it would be to put together a party like this but also what kind of fun decor one could make around a nail polish theme.

Now if you haven't figured this out about me from previous posts, I try to do as many of my crafts as I can on a budget. Working part-time has been a blessing but I certainly miss the full-time paycheck so crafting has to be either free or very minimal. This one falls into the free category ~ everything I used for this I already had on hand.


All the supplies needed to get started. The empty bottle was my son's Marvel Heroes vitamin bottle


Using the exacto blade, I cut a little circle of plastic out of the cap. I cut the paint brush to size and used my glue gun to adhere it to the top

I used glitter glue and Mod Podge and painted the inside of the bottle then quickly filled it with pink tissue paper to give the appearance of nail polish

Now it was time to bring this whole thing together. I got on my computer and designed a label for both the front and top of the bottle and boy oh boy, I love how cute it is!



I simply had to add some "bling" for major FABULOSITY factor and of course no polish is complete without the color name on the bottom of the bottle. This was a fun, quick and easy craft and can't you just imagine the possibilities for a little girls' party? Perhaps you will see this in a future party I help to plan!

9 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Amanda! Thanks so much, this was a fun craft to do. I would love to submit this and other things to FFC - thanks for the invitation to do so!

Rachel Sue said...

This is so awesome! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

http://reuseandupcycle.blogspot.com

Little Blue's Room said...

Thanks Rachel Sue, I sure will!

Heather said...

Adorable project! My daughter is older but a little one would really enjoy this! Very cute- clever idea.

Little Blue's Room said...

Thanks Heather!

Heather said...

Just wanted to let you know I was so inspired by your project that I used it as the basis for my project in an upcycle hop. I did link to your project as my inspiration.
http://stampdetails.blogspot.com/2011/09/scrappy-scavengers-upcycle-blog-hop.html

Little Blue's Room said...

Thanks Heather, I posted on your link too. Your project is WAY cute!

Anonymous said...

This is super cute.
-DemDem, your 11(ok, nearly 11) year old questioner

Little Blue's Room said...

DemDem - thank you so much for stopping by and the sweet comment! This was a fun craft to do and easy. Something you could surely make with your friends.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...