February 27, 2012

Prayer Board

I'm so excited to FINALLY be working on decorating our master bedroom...a project that has been long overdue and much needed. I've painted an accent wall (pics to come), bought new bedding and have spent hours online searching for ideas to get my creative juices flowing.

One of the things that I wanted to incorporate into the room was a prayer board. I saw one of these on Pinterest (here) and I immediately knew that I wanted to have one so I set out to find just the right items to create one of my very own.



I found this wonderful corkboard at the Goodwill for just $3 - perfect size, and price and I would only have a little bit of work to transform it.


I painted the frame in a chocolate brown acrylic paint


Okay, at this point I was so excited that this was coming together so well I didn't realize that I stopped taking photos of my process...LOL! I painted the corkboard with the same paint that I used on my accent wall {NOTE: not sure if this will hold up over time but we shall see}, cut out the curly tree using my Silhoutte machine and Mod Podged it on, purchased the beautiful wooden 'curly-q' letters from Hobby Lobby and painted them in an opaque white acrylic paint and attached using Gorilla glue. I finished off the frame and letters with clear polycrylic.

Here is the final product.





Of course it's been a very cloudy day so the color of the board looks different in each photo {though it's closest to its true color in the first pic}. I wish I could show the slight design and light blue coloring in the paper that I used for the curly tree but that's not showing up well either - my photos truly don't do this project justice {someday I really am going to learn how to use all the functions on my camera...HA}.

This project {like many others...lol} doesn't look anything at all like what I had in my mind but I'm very pleased with it and it looks great on my wall. With my busy schedule, I love the idea of a visual reminder of those I need to pray for and perhaps, just perhaps it will help me to slow down...even if it's just a little bit.


Little Blue's Room is linking up with these fun parties!

Visit thecsiproject.com



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How creative! I love this idea! Thank you for sharing! I pinned it as well! Have a blessed day! ~Heather

Little Blue's Room said...

Thanks Heather!! :-)

Bethany @happyhomemakerme said...

I love it! What a beautiful board. Thanks for sharing it on Happy Homemaker Me!
I would love it if you would link it up on the Pinterest Party Link Up post so that others can see it and swing by to visit :)

I'm your newest follower!

Have a blessed Sunday, Angela!

♥ Bethany

www.happyhomemaker.me

Little Blue's Room said...

Thanks Bethany - I just linked up! Thanks for hosting such a fun party! I'm your newest follower too. Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday as well! :-)

jenny from mommin' it up said...

That is amazing and adorable! You made it so beautiful, great work! I've been looking at Pinterest ideas for prayer reminders. I have one pinned called "prayer sticks" I might try. Thanks for linking up to #PinFTW! Hope to see you back!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm visiting from The CSI Project and I had to pop over to see this ... the original prayer board you linked to is mine! I love your version ... so pretty and just perfect for keeping track of prayers.

Little Blue's Room said...

Thanks Jenny! I can't wait to see how your 'prayer sticks' turn out too. Thanks for hosting such a fun party - you've got a fan in me!

Little Blue's Room said...

Randi, I'm so glad you stopped by! I loved your board (obviously...lol) and I'm glad you had the chance to see how inspiring your project has been. Thanks for your kind words!

Erin @ Simply Frugal Mom said...

I'm dropping by as The CSI Project guest judge this week. Great job with your prayer board. And I'm adding that curly-q tree to the list of reasons I need a Silhouette!

Little Blue's Room said...

Thanks Erin! I'm so proud of my board and I adore my Silhouette too! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...