February 14, 2013

Valentine Love

UPDATE: My lovely Valentine carton made the cut on the CSI Project!
Visit thecsiproject.com
Happy Valentine's Day lovies and Happy 2nd Blog Anniversary to Little Blue's Room!

I can't believe that it was two years ago that I decided to begin this journey.  Okay, here is the honest truth -- I had NO idea what in the world I was getting myself into...LOL!  I'm not sure that I have a much clearer understanding two years later but I continue to try to learn as much as I can and I think as long as I don't give up {which I've thought about doing} then I'm moving in the right direction.

Well, that's enough about that!  Let's get down to what this day is truly ALL about -- Valentine's!  I have been busy over the last few weeks working on Valentine's for my best customer {and my little guy too!}.  She asked that I create something fun for her daughter's class.  She spent some time cruising the internet and came up with a couple examples that she loved.  I had my marching orders and I got right to work.



O"fish"ally the Best!

She decided that these would be perfect for the kids.  Her little girl is going to love delivering these little fishy's to school {pun intended...lol}!  Now something a little different for the teachers:

'Bee' Mine!

I am so pleased with them both, they came out bee-u-tifully!  Of course the true test is if the customer likes them and she does too {major score}.

I couldn't put my supplies away just yet because the little prince would need some for his class as well.  I wanted something different, out the box of sort and I found it -- thanks to the Silhouette blog here.  Check out this great and simple Valentine!

Not your typical Valentine for sure.  I used an almost burgundy textured card stock for the carton and paired it with a cream white textured card stock and coordinating pattern paper to create the hearts {there are two of them; white on the bottom and patterned on the top}.  I chose to pull out the green color to use for the arrow.  I then needed to fill the bottom with basket shred so the candy bag would sit up high enough.  Add another heart as a tag {not shown} and they are ready for delivery.  Cute - check!  Valentine-y - check!  Love it - check, check!

I hope that you have had a great time creating memories and showering love on those that mean the most to you this year.  From my family to yours -- Happy Valentine's Day!


Where we are partying!

Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

You have your email set to noreply so I sent off an email to never never land :)

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and for stopping by my blog! I am changing my decor one little project at a time :) Happy Valentines Day!

Hugs,
Deborah

Little Blue's Room said...

Deborah, thanks for letting me know about my email...not sure what's going on there. I completely understand - I'm doing my decor one project at a time too! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

Joyce Fisher said...

I love all of these, but especially the french fry carton! My sister has a McDonald's and I'm going to make this for her for Valentine's Day!!!

I'm really honored that my "LOVE Banner" was included in the Silhouette "Valentine's Day Round-Up" along with your super-cute Valentines!!!

Peace, Love and Joy,

Joyce
http://peaceloveandjoyce.com/silhouette-cameo/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...