March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

In anticipation of the St. Patty's Day playdate, here is the cute little leprechaun hat I crafted to hold the cupcakes and cake pops. Of course I forgot to take "before" pictures because I was making this during naptime but I used a styrofoam disk and ball. The ball was cut using a really large knife (I considered buying the $19.99 foam cutter at Michael's but seriously, I'm not going to be cutting styrofoam that often so I opted to leave it there...lol).

Both pieces were painted with hunter green acrylic paint. The original plan was to have each piece spray painted green. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I had red, blue and yellow spray paint but no green...ugh! I used leftover black and yellow felt from the pot of gold bags here and a shamrock cutout for the top.

Not too shabby if I do say so myself!



The shamrock cutout


The "hat" base


The finished product


Party day is tomorrow...what fun to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...