I began working on this project sometime mid summer and ended up setting it aside to work on other things. I like the idea of decoupage so I wanted to try it out, but after finishing this I think the jury is still out on whether or not I'll attempt this again in the future. I wouldn't necessarily call this a crafting "fail" because I think it turned out as well as could be expected but I'm not terribly thrilled with it - I'll let you decide.
I took a plain canvas I had on hand from another project and painted it with red acrylic paint and let it dry
Using the music note scrapbook paper I used on the toy bin from this project, I cut out a guitar shape and small 1"x1" squares. I also used black scrapbook paper I had on hand to cut rectangle shapes to create a border. The edges were cut using decorative scissors
Using the same black paper, I cut triangle shapes to fill the remaining space. I used Mod Podge to glue each piece to the canvas then applied a medium layer as a sealer. I then finished it off with a coat of clear acrylic
I love to learn from my crafting - what I like, don't like and what needs improvement. For a first try, I think this is good so I'll try not to be too hard on myself about the end result.
Crafting is like life - sometimes you make mistakes but the growing happens when you learn from them. So I guess it's back to 'learning' for me (smile)!