June 28, 2012

Collage Art Frame

If you are anything like me, you have at least a million photos on your computer. Okay, perhaps 'a million' is a bit of a stretch but I certainly have a LOT of them! So what do you do with them? Scrapbook with them, frame them, or simply forget about them...you know 'out of sight, out of mind'? That's the problem that I've run into and I wanted to make good use of at least a few of them, but how? Cruising through Pinterest, I noticed several projects that involved collages {ding, ding...I hear that creative bell going off}, so I decided that would be a great way to use some of those pictures.

Well, I've been working on my bedroom project for some time now. I realize that even with the best intentions this project is going to take way longer than I'd like, but I digress. The plan involves some fun things to go up on the walls - enter my collage art frame.

I purchased this great frame from 'the Will' {Goodwill for those not in the know...lol} and I thought it would make a great re-do project.




The center was painted with bears and had this great rough texture to it. Now, if I were a better artist this would have been gorgeous with a new painted design, but since I'm not and I know my artistic limitations I decided it would have to be designed differently.

The first thing to do would be to repaint the entire thing. Using both spray paint and the wall paint I used in my prayer board project (here), I gave the frame a new look.




I chose to use photos from a recent trip home and a day spent with my sister and son. We had such an awesome time that day and what a wonderful way to commemorate that time.

After editing, cutting and placing the photos, I used mod podge to glue and seal them. Here is the end result.




Fun, cute and an inexpensive way to add a little character to my bedroom - I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...