October 11, 2013

More than a Frame

I found these frames in the clearance section of Michael's after Christmas.  With a price of about $2 each, I decided to pick up two of them.  I wasn't sure what I'd do with them but the "hoarder" in me was having a hard time leaving them in the store.  What?  You caught that?  The subtle reference to myself as a hoarder.  Yup, sure did.  Hi, I'm Angela and I'm a crafting hoarder.  First step to recovery is admitting, right? {giggle}



They were unfinished frames, so I grabbed a can of spray paint and got to work giving this beauty a little color.



Nothing in my crafting is ever quick and easy {smile}.  So after a few days of looking at this and wondering what else to do with it, I was inspired by something I saw from the online store Pick Your Plum.  I added some thin jewelry wire and attached it with hot glue and small pieces of felt.







I love the way it turned out.  It has many possibilities -- holding jewelry, Instagram pics, hair bows, etc.  It is currently hanging on my projects board {which is also waiting patiently for its turn to be transformed as well} but I have to be honest, I keep looking at it like I could do more with it.  You know what that means, right?  You'll just need to stick around to see what update I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...